eZee Sprint eco stepthrough
For a limited time only! We have some economy model eZee Sprints - a stripped down, no frills electric bicycle with the same world leading eZeebike electric drive system at an amazing $1899 inc GST with a 36V 10Ah lithium battery.
The Sprint eco is actually lighter than the normal Sprint as it has fewer things on it, namely the wheel lock, thinner tyres, and 5 fewer gears.
The key features that have shaved $500 off the price tag compared to the eZee Sprint are:
* no cycle computer
* V-brake front instead of disc brake
* Shimano Nexus 3 speed internal gearing instead of the Nexus 8
* Kenda puncture proof tyres rather than the Schwalbe Marathon Plus
* not supplied with the AXA wheel lock
* not supplied with an EAF. This means it has a throttle only and can be set in 'e-bike mode' or 'pedal assist mode' but will be operated just with a hand throttle.
* 25kph limited. This is not a software limit, it's a physical change achieved by reducing the nominal rpm of the motor. For the tech-heads, that means changing the thickness and wrap-count of the motor's copper cable windings. The end result is that the motor does not want to go faster than 25kph. The flipside of this is that it is even happier going up steep hills and if you've ever experienced an eZeebike making fun of a hill, this is really saying something! You're also likely to go further on a battery charge with this setup.
* 2A charger instead of a 4A charger.
* Rear light is powered by the battery but is not the Dutch Spanninga brand as seen on the Sprint 8.